just a few highlights of the holidays
1. Christmas break meant that in the last five weeks or so, I have spent two full weeks with my entire family and an extra five days with Mom, Beka and Josh.
2. Kentucky is now off the ever-shortening list of states I have not visited in my quest to get to all fifty (Hawaii next winter, perhaps?!? still hoping!!!)
3. I got to wow my brothers once again with my amazing skills in Rockband (“Frank, it’s because I’m a MUSICIAN, I have a sense of rhythm, you see???”) and hear those same boys tell me that I am the all time ultimate champion at Super Mario Brothers. Yes.
4. I came home with a fabulous, well-made digital piano (yes I finally swallowed my pride and got one instead of the real thing).
5. My above mentioned digital piano was dedicated by none other than my great friend, Russell Lodge, with his thunderstormy famously wall-shaking Rachmaninoff prelude.
6. I got to spent a half-sleepy half-uproariously fun twelve hours roadtripping with Andy from KY to Philly on a sunny Saturday.
7. I got to see more than several of my closest girl friends in the space of two weeks!
8. There are tons of plans of weddings afoot!!!
9. I got to eat my Mom’s cream cheese ball. Mmmmm.
10. I spent most of Christmas day cozied up next to my best friend and sister on my comfy homey couch, wearing new snuggly slippers and flannel PJ pants, with my husband, parents, and other four siblings close by if not in the same room, reading contentedly, with a fire burning in the fireplace.
11. Home is always better and your bed is always more comfortable when you’ve been away for a long time.