I had a horribly rotten day… and on such days everything feels yucky and miserable. So, remembering that every good thing is a gift from God (see post earlier today), I decided that the best thing to do would be to be thankful for it and enjoy it as much as I possibly could instead of just feeling like it was a fleeting vapor leaving only sadness behind. So I did. And here are ten things that I enjoyed immensely today.
1. Sitting in bed and eating a bowl of Kashi apple cinnamon oatmeal topped with buckwheat honey and a sprinkling of dried dates – pure bliss. (10 min)
2. Netflix Watch Instantly. Sometimes you just need tv reruns while you eat dinner. (40 min)
3. The freedom to take as long and as hot of a shower as I wanted. (25 min)
4. The feel of my really warm and thick towel on my face after I stepped out of the shower. (3 min)
5. The light, transient and flowing way that piano keys feel when playing Debussy. (30 min)
6. The squish of my amazing L.L.Bean slippers. (all morning and night!)
7. The smell of a Wegmans Italian Classics eggplant lasagna baking away happily in the oven. (1 hr)
8. The sweetness of my husband who fixed dinner for me. (hard to quantify that one)
9. The sound of Ralph Vaughan Williams – always soothing, inspiring, and beautiful. (17 min)
10. The incredible way it feels to sit in clean skin, flannel pants, my very favorite WAA championship t-shirt, with a sera-soft cushion behind my back, a fuzzy blanket over my knees, and my butt on my friendly old college futon. (I’m ashamed to admit how long I sat contemplating this one)
There’s nearly three hours worth of purely blissful moments right there. Life really is pretty good, isn’t it?